Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

I have a quick question maybe you could help me out! I recently put a deposit and I made some payments on a pet (is not even born yet ) but after searching and learning more about it I realized that it is not for me. I told this to the breeder and he doesnt want to give any money back! I told him to at least keep the deposit but he still said NO! I never signed a contract ...and they never said that the payments were non refundable! What's your opinion on this situation?

Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.

Because there was no written contract, you will have difficulty getting any legal

relief re your deposit. The breeder may contend that any deposit made by you was

required to initiate the breeding process, and you are not entitled to any refund.

The breeder in such situation is required to minimize his claim against you after

your notice of cancellation, but, the type of pet, nature of the agreement, amount

of deposit, and other information is not described in your inquiry which may be

relevant. A written agreement is advised in such purchases to specify the procedures

regarding cancellation.

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida

Business Law Legal Forms