Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Florida

I pled guilty to a battery in 2011. I served no jail time and I was put on probation. I had to complete community service and batterer intervention. April 2012, I completed everything. January 2013, I purchased a gun from a dealer and passed the background check. Now I want to apply for a gun license, but I'm confused About the requirements to obtain one. It says, "you are NOT ELIGIBLE for a Florida concealed weapon license unless a period of three years has elapsed since probation or any other conditions set by the court have been fulfilled (or the record has been sealed and expunged)." My question is; do I have to wait till 2015 (3years) or can I obtain a license now since I completed the court ordered community service and intervention program???

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

The answer is yes if your battery was domestic in nature. You may want to consult with an attorney about having your case sealed.

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

I realize my answer is unclear. I meant you will have to wait the 3 years before obtaining a CCP.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Florida

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms