Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

We talked with a dealership about buying a car. We gave a deposit check to them.

But we did not sign a purchase agreement nor sign any loan documents.

We were going to do that when we came back in a couple days to finish the paperwork and pick up the car.

Within 15 hrs later we called the sales mgr and told him we changed our mind.

We asked that he shred the deposit check, which he said he would.

So all seemed fine and the purchase of the vehile terminated.

Next day, the check was processed at our bank.

Do we have the legal right to ask for our deposit back?

Asked on 4/17/13, 9:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

This is a great case for you if you did not sign any agreement to purchase a vehilce and or hold a vehicle. Make sure on this

If not agreement, sent them a civil theft letter and if they do not response see me. Also, law requries an written agreement for a deposit.


Read more
Answered on 4/17/13, 12:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now