Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

I was at the Toll booth in Orlando, FL and the car in front of me was paying 3 times and the machine didn't turn green so she decided to drive through, so then it's my turn to pay, and when I threw my money through the machine, it didn't even turn, the machine obviously broke, and the light of course wouldn't turn green, so I decided to move on forward.

I didn't seem to notice the time, and what will happened to me if they send me a ticket for it? I don't mind to pay, but it seems unfair to every citizens that have been passed and we are being double fine and the state should be the one to be fine in the beginning?

Thank you for you time.

William Gwaltney William W. Gwaltney, Attorneys at Law

It is doubtful that you will receive a ticket. If the machine is broken the State will become aware of it. If you do receive a ticket you can dispute it by relaying your story to the proper agency (listed on the ticket). They will be able to review the camera footage from when you passed through the booth to determine whether you paid. You do not need to worry about remembering the exact time you passed through, because if they issue a ticket that information will be listed on the ticket.

My suggestion is that if you travel Florida's toll roads you get a SunPass. It makes it easier and you do end up saving money.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida

Consumer Law Legal Forms