Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

Vehicle Damage

I have a vehicle that was damaged by an auto shipper in a move from FLA to MO. My wife missed the damage when car was dropped off, we noticed it 2 hrs after delivery and immediately contacted shipper. After 3 months od email back and forth how it was almost complete, they now say they will only pay direct to shop for repair. I will not accept since they damaged my car not the shops car. Do I have standing for this claim? Do they have rights to not pay me but the shop?

Alan Wagner Wagner, Vaughan & McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: Vehicle Damage

It depends on what your contract says (and your ability to prove that they damaged the car). Having signed the "no damage" receipt, you have a problem, butthe quick call helps. What's wrong with paying the sho? If the shop is a decent shop, why worry about whether you pay them or the company pays them? You want the car fixed, don't you?

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida

Consumer Law Legal Forms