Florida  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/13/09, 8:41 am

I am 62 years old worked all of my life,

now retired, have had no insurance for the last 9 months, too young for medicare. In March 2009 I had emergency open heart surgery followed 1 1/2 months later with abdominal surgery w/ colostomy.

I have currently received 280,000.00 in medical bills, and I am paying 10.00 to each one. My question is can they take my car (2001 Toyota) ?

I live with my daughter. Can they try to take my car ?????

Also, I have applied to the hospital for help regarding having this colostomy reversed, first surgery was emergency, but to have it reversed they might consider as non-emergency (cannot afford the expense of the supplies each month). Is there any law regarding allowing the reversal of a surgery ??????

Please reply to lconnell@rtlaw.com

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search