Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I just did a background check on myself just out of curiosity and found that I have a lien or judgement against me from 2005. I have never been contacted about anything previously. I was living in Florida at the time but I have moved a few times due to my being in the military. How can I find out any information on this or what it is about and how can I resolve it? Thank you for your time.

Asked on 5/17/13, 7:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Contact the Court Clerk and obtain copies of the court file. If it is in error, make written motion in court to vacate for lack of service of process. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 1:21 am
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with the above. There are also companies that will obtain this information for you for a fee. Look under "court filings and records" for such services.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now