Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

If your insurance company failed to pay what they should have on a hospital bill, and you are stuck with the balance and you pay what you can on the bill every month, can the hospital turn the account over to a collection agency, and that agency file a negative report on your credit

Asked on 6/08/13, 5:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The short answer is yes. There are really no rules related to when the hospital can turn an old debt over to collections. You can dispute the debt though if it was caused by an insurance mistake. You need to get your insurance to provide you with an explanation of why it was not covered

Read more
Answered on 6/08/13, 11:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now