Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I live in Florida, and have been a customer of Rent King on and off for about 10 year. Nearly 2 years ago we went back to them to get a couch, washer/dryer, game system and a game. We have paid off both the game and the game system. We ran into a hard time and could no longer pay for the couch and washer/dryer. I am sure that we have already paid triple the amount. They have "refinanced" the merchandise a few times. I recently found out from a former employee that they did not really refinance, but started the contacts over. We finally decided to just get used furniture and give them their stuff. They came out to pick up, they got the washer/dryer, couch and rug set, but also took the game. They had been calling me mulitiple times a day for months, then getting really mean when I called back, saying that I need to answer my phone (I do have a job.) Could I possible have some kind of case here? Who would I call? Did I just screw up by going through a rental place?

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

It sounds like you have a potential claim for collection harassment. You should contact a consumer protection attorney in your area.

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

Check out my site on debt collection and harassment at www.ConsumerLawyerHelp.com

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms