Florida  |  Credit and Debt Law

I live in Florida, and have been a customer of Rent King on and off for about 10 year. Nearly 2 years ago we went back to them to get a couch, washer/dryer, game system and a game. We have paid off both the game and the game system. We ran into a hard time and could no longer pay for the couch and washer/dryer. I am sure that we have already paid triple the amount. They have "refinanced" the merchandise a few times. I recently found out from a former employee that they did not really refinance, but started the contacts over. We finally decided to just get used furniture and give them their stuff. They came out to pick up, they got the washer/dryer, couch and rug set, but also took the game. They had been calling me mulitiple times a day for months, then getting really mean when I called back, saying that I need to answer my phone (I do have a job.) Could I possible have some kind of case here? Who would I call? Did I just screw up by going through a rental place?

Answered on: 8/25/13, 5:35 am by Joseph Justice

It sounds like you have a potential claim for collection harassment. You should contact a consumer protection attorney in your area.

The Justice Law Firm 6739 Land O lakes Blvd Land O Lakes, FL 34639

Answered on: 8/25/13, 11:35 am by Angelo Marino

Check out my site on debt collection and harassment at www.ConsumerLawyerHelp.com

Angelo Marino Jr. PA 645 SE 5 Terrace Ft Lauderdale, 33301