Florida  |  Credit and Debt Law

I live in Florida and i had a judgement put on me in 2011 that I just found out a bout for credit card. However I have never heard from the company to collect on the judgement. Is this standard practice? They way I found out about the judgement was when I tried to refinance my house

Answered on: 6/25/13, 6:14 pm by David Ciccarello

It is definitely not standard practice to have a judgment entered against you without having notice of it. There is a chance that the judgment could be set aside if the attorneys for the credit card company did something improperly so that you did not receive notice. It is quite common for a judgment holder to delay in pursuing collection, or It could be that they just can't locate you.

Knott Ebelini Hart 1625 Hendry Street Fort Myers, FL 33901

Answered on: 6/26/13, 6:55 am by Angelo Marino

Agree with the above, and suggest that you get a copy of the suit file to see if service of process was obtained against you properly. If not, you can set the judgement aside.

Angelo Marino Jr. PA 645 SE 5 Terrace Ft Lauderdale, 33301