Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I live in Florida and i had a judgement put on me in 2011 that I just found out a bout for credit card. However I have never heard from the company to collect on the judgement. Is this standard practice? They way I found out about the judgement was when I tried to refinance my house

Asked on 6/25/13, 5:01 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Ciccarello Knott Ebelini Hart
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is definitely not standard practice to have a judgment entered against you without having notice of it. There is a chance that the judgment could be set aside if the attorneys for the credit card company did something improperly so that you did not receive notice. It is quite common for a judgment holder to delay in pursuing collection, or It could be that they just can't locate you.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 6:14 pm
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Agree with the above, and suggest that you get a copy of the suit file to see if service of process was obtained against you properly. If not, you can set the judgement aside.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/13, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now