Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I signed on a mortgage to help someone because they had terrible credit , my name is on deed with them , she lives in the condo and paid the mortgage for last eight years ,& now refuses to pay anymore and expects me to pay. They have no money left , can I sue and forse the unit to be sold .

Asked on 7/05/13, 9:45 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Seek legal advise. If you are on the deed, you can force the sale of the property.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 6:33 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can, but you will still be responsible for any deficiency.

Read more
Answered on 7/06/13, 9:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now