Florida  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/20/13, 12:48 pm

My sister-in-law has a judgement against her for something she did long before she met by brother. They are now married and my parents are considering signing a piece of property over to them. Can the state make them sell the property to satisfy her debts, or put a lien on the property or anything? I have tried researching this without much luck. This is in Florida.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/20/13, 12:56 pm by David Slater

If she is an owner, it will be subject to the judgment.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search