Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

my boyfriend got arrested for DRUG OFFENSE (FELONY), POSSESSION OF CANNABIS and POSSESSION OF PARAPHERNALIA how long is he looking at they didnt read him his rights and first offence for the fellony charge

Mario Musil The Musil Law Firm

Hello,

The Possession of Cannabis, if it is under 20 grams is a misdemeanor with a maximum sentence of 1 year jail. The possession of paraphernalia carries the same penalty. The felony charge penalty may differ depending on the level of the crime. A third degree felony has a max of 5 years prison, 2nd degree has a max of 15 years and a 1st degree can normally carry a penalty of 30 years or more.

Of course, the goal is to avoid these types of penalties, and often with 1st time offenders jail or prison sentences can be avoided.

My office does a free initial consultation, so if you'd like to discuss the charges in more detail, please feel free to contact me.

407 531 5321

or

321 252 4396.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida