Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/05/13, 7:51 pm

My boyfriend was stopped recently for expired tags. The officer either smelled marijuana or thought that my boyfriend seemed under the influence. I am not sure exactly as I was not in the car. When the officer asked my boyfriend admitted and told the officer where it was. It was a joint and a few crumbs left over in a container. The officer then searched the vehicle finding nothing else. He was given a citation for the tags and a notice to appear. I was surprised he was not arrested although thankful. As the court date rapidly approaches I am unsure what to expect. It is his first and only offense. I assume there will be fees and possibly probation of some sort. I would just like a best/ worst case scenario.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search