Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My brother, Jeffrey David Anderson (DOB 1961) was murdered (by gunshot to the head) in March of 2000. He lived in Evergreen, Alabama. It was originally thought to be a suicide but later deemed that he was a victim of a homicide. His spouse at the time, Susan Renee Anderson (DOB 1969) was questioned and tried in the homicide case by a grand jury special session. The grand jury failed to indict and it was no billed. The evidence is there, but the entire investigation was mishandled. (There are so many discrepancies in what Susan told law enforcement investigators (i.e. (1) that my brother was an only child when he really had 10 siblings; (2) why it took her 30 minutes to call 911 after he was shot; (3) why she took a shower before she called 911; (4) her bloody clothes “disappeared”. These are only a few of a long list.).

I have copies of news articles, grand jury court record, coroner reports, etc.

I am trying to find out how I can get the case reopened, reinvestigated, reheard, retrial. Could it go for a retrial in the Conecuh County Circuit Court? If not, could I petition for a retrial before the Supreme Court of Alabama? I am looking for help in getting this done for my beloved deceased brother and our family. It is long overdue and justice is of the utmost need. Are there any attorneys out there that can help (even pro bono)?

Thank you for reading and responding!

Leila Murray


Cell: 863-899-4751

Email: [email protected]

Asked on 6/22/11, 6:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to contact an attorney in Alabama (where the alleged crime happened), because a Florida attorney like myself can not help you. They may suggest a civil suit. Since a grand jury has made a determination at this point, you may need to hire an investigator to dig up more evidence so the prosecutor can try again to bring criminal charges. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/11, 7:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now