Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/30/13, 2:32 pm

My brother pleaded No Contest to Sexual Battery with a minor. He is a first time offender... was never in any trouble of any kind before this. The crime was done back in the late 1990's, yet the girl only came forward 8 yrs ago. He was sentenced to 20 yrs, and so far, has served 8 yrs in a FL state prison.

Is there ANYTHING that can be done to have his sentenced reduced?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/30/13, 2:56 pm by Craig Epifanio

I doubt it since he only has 30 days to appeal his sentence. After 8 years he would have waived all his appellate rights. You should meet with an attorney from the area where he was convicted.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Craig Epifanio, P.A. 5445 16th Street N St Petersburg, FL 33703

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search