Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Charge of Possesion

This is my first offense of my life. I have never been arrested and i am 18 years old. I got charged for under 20 grams , and i believe it was .8 grams they found in my vehicle.They found over 55 grams on my friend in the back seat,and that is written on my citation, but i was not charged for that. What should i expect at my court date?

Richard Hornsby Richard E. Hornsby, P.A.

Re: Charge of Possession

I would highly suggest that you hire an attorney. A Possession charge carries the possibility of a two year driver license suspension, up to a year in jail, and drug classes.

A good attorney should be able to get you into a pretrial diversion program, which would result in the case being dismissed.

Please call me if you are in the Central Florida area. I have been very successful with these type of cases.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida