Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I got drunk after an argument with my girlfriend and when she went to work, I apparently entered her house without permission. I was charged with burglary and destruction of property. My probation states that we are no longer allowed to have contact. Is there a way to continue with the probation requirements except for the "no contact" order? This whole situation arouse from me getting jealous, getting drunk, and entering her apartment when she was not home and it was a one time mistake. Is there a way that we can communicate and be with each other before my years of probation is finished? She wasn't the one who pressed charges against me, it was the state. She only contacted the police in our town.

Asked on 7/10/13, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She can apply to have the condition waived. In some cases it is as simple as her filling out a. Affidavit with probation, but she may have to file a motion with the judge who handled the case. In most instances the condition will be removed when the victim requests it

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 2:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now