Florida  |  Criminal Law

I got drunk after an argument with my girlfriend and when she went to work, I apparently entered her house without permission. I was charged with burglary and destruction of property. My probation states that we are no longer allowed to have contact. Is there a way to continue with the probation requirements except for the "no contact" order? This whole situation arouse from me getting jealous, getting drunk, and entering her apartment when she was not home and it was a one time mistake. Is there a way that we can communicate and be with each other before my years of probation is finished? She wasn't the one who pressed charges against me, it was the state. She only contacted the police in our town.

Answered on: 7/10/13, 2:40 pm by Joseph Justice

She can apply to have the condition waived. In some cases it is as simple as her filling out a. Affidavit with probation, but she may have to file a motion with the judge who handled the case. In most instances the condition will be removed when the victim requests it

The Justice Law Firm 6739 Land O lakes Blvd Land O Lakes, FL 34639