Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/24/13, 8:24 pm


Back in October 2012 I called 911 because I was overdosing on meth and when the officers arrived I turned over all my paraphernalia not knowing later charges would be brought up against me for the residue in a baggie (less then one tenth of a gram). I thought I was doing the right thing by turning over the paraphernalia to officers instead of throwing it in the trash. Is there a way to get these charges dismissed? Would Florida Statute 893.21 apply in this case? If there is a way to get these charges dismissed what do I need to do?

In addition, I was baker acted and did 7 days in ACTS treatment center. Also when I was taken into custody I was not read my rights.

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/27/13, 7:34 pm by Craig Epifanio

This is an old question so hopefully you've obtained counsel by now. If not, I suggest you do.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Craig Epifanio, P.A. 5445 16th Street N St Petersburg, FL 33703

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search