Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Juvenile

My son who is 12, was arrested for throwing rocks in a parking lot, one rock hit a car as it was backing up and he was charged with a felony for throwing a deadly missile. My first question is are they allowed to interview him without a parent if we requested to be present? Second he was with 2 other boys, he is being charged with 4 counts, they hit 3 cars in total, his additional charge was the deadly missile, but the one boy is only being charged with 1 count a misdemeanor, and the other boy was never even spoken to even though his name was given. Are either of these grounds to have the case dismissed?

Valerie Masters Valerie Masters, P.A.

Re: Juvenile

I recently had a similar case. Parents are not allowed in interrogation. I would have to see the documents to sort out all the counts etc. Not enough facts to determine dismissal.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA