Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

CAN my lawyer waive my rights to a speedy trail without my permission or knowledge in polk county florida going on 200 days

Asked on 11/06/11, 1:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Very generally speaking yes he can. However, your attorney can always re-demand speedy trial, whenever both you and your attorney are ready. So it is not as if once it is waived you lose it forever because you can always ask for a speedy trial. There are pros and cons to doing this so discuss this with your attorney.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/11, 3:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now