Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

Loss prevention tactics

I was pulled into an office by our loss prevention people about some merchandise that has been missing. I work for a major shipping company. I have been purchasing prescription medication from an individual who works there, without knowledge that he has been stealing them from our company. I know that what I did was wrong and fessed up to loss prevention about the situation. I was put on administrative leave after having written a 3 page statement describing all that has been going on since Sept. of last year. I spilled my guts. Told everything that I knew. At no time however did anyone ever inform me of my rights. I do not plan on returning to the company. All ties have been severed with the individual in question also. Here is my question: Can the statement I wrote come back to get me in trouble with the law here in the state of Florida? Without any rights being read to me? Even though I told them everything( what he sold, prices, last time I purchased, even where he lives ect.)? Thank you for your time. I hope I have left enough information to receive a reply.

Dan Akes C. Daniel Akes, Attorney at Law

Re: Loss prevention tactics

Yes.

Dan

W.F. ''Casey' Ebsary Law Office of W.F. Casey Ebsary, Jr.

Re: Loss prevention tactics

Please call me to discuss some options to avoid conviction.

Please call me toll free, 1.877.793.9290, so we can help.

W.F. Casey Ebsary, Jr.

Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer

112 South Magnolia Avenue

Tampa, Florida 33606

813.222.2220 Voice

813.225.0202 Facsimile and Data

AV Rated

An AV Rating shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence. He or she has usually practiced law for many years, and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity.

Valerie Masters Valerie Masters, P.A.

Re: Loss prevention tactics

If you confessed to loss prevention they don't have to read you your rights. Only the police haave to read Miranda Warnings. Also the police dont have to read rights in every instance where they question a person. TV and movies makes it seem like they do, but you have to actually be in police custody. So when they say "I'd like to talk to you at the station" they dont have to read Miranda becausr you dont have to go. Your company can pass along your statement to the the police if they want to.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida