Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My mom has been taking care her partner for five years that hasn't had a job in that time they put every thing in my moms partners name so that way her abusive ex husband couldn't find her . My mom and her partner broke up we paid the last bills on every thing right before we switched every thing before we opened everything up in my moms name we told her partner we were no longer going to pay the bill for the internet and cable and they needed to turn it off because we were no longer using it and now my moms ex partner didn't shut it off and didn't pay the bills and now she is thretening to put my mom into jail for identity theft if she doesn't pay the 657 dollar bill for the internet and cable. Can she do this sence we had everything in her name .

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

Only the state not an individual can threaten jail. It would only be identity theft if she used her name AND didn't have permission to turn off service.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida