Florida  |  Criminal Law

First Offense -- Grand Theft $300 - $5000

Here's what happened:

Short story -- My boyfriend and I were hanging out with my younger brother and friend one night. We drove around dirt bike tracks on my brother's friends golf cart and went home. Except, it turns out that it was not my brother's friends golf cart, it was stolen.

What's going on: My boyfriend and I are being charged with Grand Theft as accomplices because we were there, whatever. My brother and his friend are minors. I have already been to jail and I'm awaiting trial along with my boyfriend. Neither one of us have NO sort of record. I was actually let out of jail without bail/bond because of my clean slate.

I need to know: What is the possible penalties for us being tried as adults as our first offense? I don't need this on my record, nor does he. We are going to try and get this taken off. Is there any advice you can give me as to how to handle it, possibly get it dropped, or any information you can pass our way to ''prepare'' us for what's to come? Thank you!