Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

If I'm on probation in Florida adjudication withheld and have a 2nd charge what will happen if I take a plea of more probation?

Asked on 6/27/11, 8:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir Ladan The Ladan Law Firm, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your new case occurred after you were sentenced to probation, you can be arrested and held in jail without a bond pending the outcome of a violation of probation hearing on your 1st case. While you can be reinstated to probation, if the court finds you in violation of probation and does not reinstate your sentence, your withhold can be converted into an adjudication of guilt. This would mean that you would become a convicted felon and would need to abide by the statutory requirements that govern convicted felons, including the reporting requirements that may extend beyond the term of your sentence. I suggest you seek the counsel of your lawyer on how to proceed and what you can do to avoid these issues.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/11, 9:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now