Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/29/13, 6:29 am

I have been on probation for 13 years and have 2 years left for a grand theft and still owe $10,000.00 and no job. I found out from my probation officer that the money is going to victims fund because the company has no longer been accepting the payments or payments are being returned. Is there a way to get off probation and get my record sealed so I can get a job. It's a withheld of judication if I complete my probation and restition

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/29/13, 6:58 am by Mario Musil


Yes, you or your attorney can petition for early termination of probation and then later petition to have the charge sealed. Often, however, the payment of the restitution is a condition of the probation, so if that is the case, it may be less likely that the Judge would be willing to terminate the probation.

You may want to discuss this further with a licensed attorney.

My office does free initial consultations.

321 252 4396

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

The Musil Law Firm 5425 Village Drive #101B Viera, FL 32955

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search