Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I was recently charged with (1) count grand theft and (1) count dealing in stolen property in Martin County FL. If the person pressing the charges were to drop them, what would the outcome be? The item was valued to cost $350. I know the state can pick the charges up. How does this work? What would an attorney cost for a case like this?

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

Many times the State will consider the victim's wishes on a case involving stolen property (though dealing in stolen property may be considered to have more than one victim). Dealing in stolen property is a very serious charge (in fact you can't be convicted of both GT and DSP the grand theft will end up merged into the DSP) so you should speak with an attorney. It is very hard to say what a local attorney will cost you so you may want to consult with a few but in general a 2nd degree felony is a charge that can cost quite a bit to defend.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida