Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/07/11, 10:36 pm

I was sexually assaulted by someone who is on felony probation. I am in absolute fear of my life waiting to press charges untill dna evidence from my clothes comes in because i dont want him to post bail directly after being charged. What can I do?I have an investigator but he is not the most helpful person, when the person who did this to me was arrested for violating probation, my detective asked to speak with him without my consent. The guy refused to speak with him and was on the streets an hour later. I am scared he knows that I am seeking justice and dont know what he is capable of

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/07/11, 11:30 pm by Robert Roemer

As you can see there aren't any real quick answers to this type of situation. I would suggest that you contact victim services in your area through the state attorney's office to see what they would suggest in your situation. Another personal recommendation I've made to clients facing difficult situations is to relocate temporarily with a friend or relative without discussing this with anyone. That would give you the protection of this individual not knowing where you exactly are assuming he has the ability to figure out your current physical address which is probably the biggest threat in this kind of situation. It's almost like TV when you have a gang hit if that's this type of person which I have no idea. These suggestions are my personal feelings and do not shouldn't be relied upon you because I don't know all the facts. I would definitely suggest though getting professional advice the state attorney who has a history of protecting witnesses in difficult situations probably much worse than this and following their advice. Good luck in resolving this difficult situation.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Robert Brian Roemer LLC 11380 Prosperity Farms Rd Suite 204 Palm Beach Gardens, 33410-3474

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search