Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I stole a purse because I was angry.. and my voices told me to do it. I was conscious of what I was doing, and in the end gave the lady back her purse.. I was still charged and don't know how to win this case im trying to be honest because I don't think im incompetent to proceed what should I do?

Asked on 10/02/13, 4:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Certainly you should talk to your attorney who can have you evaluated and then offer that up as a defense. This is something that can't be done on your own without legal training. Mental health issues in the criminal justice system are a serious problem for both prosecutors and the defense. Either hire an attorney or have the public defender appointed if you cannot afford an attorney. Good luck.

Read more
10/02/13, 7:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now