Florida  |  Criminal Law

I am being threatened by a pawn shop for selling them a fake guitar. The Pawn shop is threatening to sue me, But i did not know it was fake, Before I pawn shop was able to accept my transaction, one of the employees at the pawn shop informed me that China makes a lot of Fake Gibson guitars, and the employee said to me "before we can accept your guitar as a pawn, I (employee) would have to inspect the guitar to see if it is real or fake".

So the employee inspected my guitar for 20mins and he came to the conclusion that my guitar was not fake but an authentic Gibson Guitar..

So by the employee being a guitar expert, i felt happy that the guitar I paid for was a real authentic Gibson..

Now a month later the Pawn shop is calling me to ask for their money back or their going to press charges

It was not my intention to sell a fake guitar.. The employee told me my guitar was real and authentic.

I am a full time student and i have no job.. I am not sure what to do.