Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I am a victim of spouse abuse.If i dont show up for court against him ,will they dismiss the charge ? We live in Florida.

Asked on 10/29/13, 8:52 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. The state can proceed without you. If the state does issue you a subpoena you must comply or you risk being arrested for contempt.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/13, 9:06 am
Nicholas Dorsten Blake & Dorsten, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there are no witnesses then the state won't be able to prove the charge. That being said, depending on the jurisdiction the state will either reset the case or it may eventually be dismissed. You can be held in contempt for not showing up.

Read more
Answered on 10/29/13, 9:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now