Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

Why can't I access my answer?

I am a Florida resident with a living trust written in Florida. I also have property in Illinois. My daughter is a trustee with me for the trust. She lives in Illinois. May we use an Illinois attorney to settle the estate when I die?? Is it possible that an attorney can be found who does not charge according to a percentage of the estate but rather charges for the time he spends or even a flat fee for settling an estate? Thanks.

Asked on 3/22/13, 10:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The purpose of the trust is to keep the assets out of probate and thereby avoid the court costs etc. When you pass, she will become the trustee and will disburse according to the trust. Why would she need a lawyer? The trust will not be called into question unless she does not do as it directs or there is some question as to someone not receiving assets.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/13, 5:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now