Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

My mother has a medicare/HMO. She is over 80 years old. She received services from a home health care provider. The provider either didn't submit claims on a timely manner or with proper documentation requested by the HMO. Now after almost 2years the Healthcare provider is requesting her to pay over $4000.00. The HMO claims she is not liable and the HMO is willing to pay if the claims are filed properly.

What can I do? I saw that the Healthcare has 45 cases filed in courts and judgments been made in their favor.

An attorney that is verse in health care billing matters should review the bill, along with your policy to make sure that it is a covered benefit. Assuming it is, there may be some remedy to the situation. I have worked in the health care industry for over 13 years.

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida