Legal Question in Elder Law in Florida

My step-father lives in Florida and has just been diagnosed with Alzheimers dementia. He has a living trust that leaves his assets equally to all children and step-children. (Mom is deceased). One daughter has financial POA and another daughter has healthcare POA. If he is declared incompetent, would that "freeze" his trust/will "as is"? or Would the financial POA be able to change his will/trust for her benefit only?

Asked on 8/27/13, 5:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As long as he is incapacitated, he will not be able to make changes to his will or trust. Depending how the financial POA is written, the daughter may be able to purchase and sell assets but cannot change his will and trust documents.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 3:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now