Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/09/13, 12:04 pm

Hi, I'm 16 and i recently changed schools in a new county and when I got there they called me a name that I didn't know of.When i asked my mom she said she knew that the hospital spelled my name wrong and she didnt fix it.I was taught that my name was taonaya, and was registered in schools,doctors etc. With that name.But on my birth certificate it says taiona.Now my mother will not fix it and told me to fix it when i'm 18, but my school is telling me to tell her to fix it so I graduate with the right name and i want my correct name.And i have no communication with my father.Please can someone help me because its very stressful, I haven't even gotten my learners permit because of it. And i'm currently in the county i was born in.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search