Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am 10 weeks pregnant. My insurance has a deductible which I have not met yet. I recently broke up with my significant other, he just mention abortion to me but that's not an option at all. I would like to know if he is responsible for assisting me regarding my insurance deductible during my pregnancy or if not what can I do to get assistant from him now through the court for my unborn baby during pregnancy?

Asked on 2/07/13, 5:22 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Jennifer Jacobs Law Offices of Jennifer A. Jacobs, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately you will not be able to get assistance from him through the court until the baby is born. At that time you can file a Petition to Establish Paternity and if he is in fact the father, the court will order him to pay child support.

Read more
2/07/13, 6:12 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Will he acknowledge paternity?

Read more
2/07/13, 6:19 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have to petition to court first then get an order that he reimburse you for his share of the pregnancy expenses. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Read more
2/08/13, 1:55 am
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Until your child is born there is nothing the court can do for you. I suggest once the child is born that you file a petition for paternity in order to get child support from this person. In the meantime, enjoy your pregnancy - what a beautiful gift from God.

Read more
2/08/13, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now