Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If my boyfriend is a registered sex offender could I lose custody of my kids if I bring him around the kids? My ex threatened to take custody of his daughter if I ever brought him around so I have not. I have known him for years and know he is no threat to my children. He was 19 when it happened and a minor under the age of 16 lied about her age and her father found out and had him arrested. Now he's stuck registering and is categorized as a sex offender. Is there anything I can do or will the courts side with my ex husband?

Asked on 3/26/13, 4:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the situation is explainable like you say it should not be a problem. If your ex thinks that alone will win the case, it will not. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659

Read more
Answered on 3/27/13, 3:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now