Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

If my child was adopted but is now 16 and wants to live with me can I get custody? She lives in Connecticut and I live in Florida

Asked on 9/25/13, 3:25 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. Legally you do not exist so there is nothing you could file with the court that would help you. Unless all parties consent in writing.

Read more
9/26/13, 2:48 am
Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Florida court has no ability to act, it must be a court in the child's s Home State, Connecticut. I don't know the rules in that jurisdiction.

Read more
9/26/13, 6:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now