Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

common law marriage

I have someone living with me for 10 years.he has put a big amount of money into my home to help me out.well now we want to spilt up,does he have a case where I have to pay him back any of this money when he leaves?Please he says I need the law to throw him this true?

Asked on 6/03/02, 11:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: common law marriage

Florida has no common law marriages. His right to an equitable lien depends upon what was agreed to regarding the moneys he paid, and whether he received anything in return. You can bring an action to have him removed since you are the record owner.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/02, 12:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now