Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/17/08, 9:46 pm

contempt of court/change of custody/change jurisdiction

Divorced in Florida in '98. Shared parental responsibility with her having primary. My ex-wife moved to TX 4/07 against divorce decree, (only she not allowed to move). I moved to AR in October 07. She then moved to LA in 11/07, KY in 2/08 and now she states she is in Arkansas. She will not tell me a phone number to contact her or my children, or visitation. I am supposed to get alternate weekends, 4 weeks summer, daily calls, alternate holidays. I maybe able to track her down via her husbands job.

Can she block changing jurisdiction to AR since she now lives here to? Can a FL contempt motion change custody if children are in danger (one child was removed from hospital AMA).

I can not afford to outright pay a lawyer and she was represented by bay area legal in Hillsborough Co FL, so they will not represent me. I can do payments but do not know how to find a lawyer who will take payments.

What specific law states Florida doesn't retain jurisdiction if both parties out of state more then 6 months.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search