Florida  |  Family Law

contempt of court/change of custody/change jurisdiction

Divorced in Florida in '98. Shared parental responsibility with her having primary. My ex-wife moved to TX 4/07 against divorce decree, (only she not allowed to move). I moved to AR in October 07. She then moved to LA in 11/07, KY in 2/08 and now she states she is in Arkansas. She will not tell me a phone number to contact her or my children, or visitation. I am supposed to get alternate weekends, 4 weeks summer, daily calls, alternate holidays. I maybe able to track her down via her husbands job.

Can she block changing jurisdiction to AR since she now lives here to? Can a FL contempt motion change custody if children are in danger (one child was removed from hospital AMA).

I can not afford to outright pay a lawyer and she was represented by bay area legal in Hillsborough Co FL, so they will not represent me. I can do payments but do not know how to find a lawyer who will take payments.

What specific law states Florida doesn't retain jurisdiction if both parties out of state more then 6 months.