Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

in my divorce (Florida) My ex husband was given resp for several debts and the creditors refuse to remove my name or stop reporting them on my credit. is this ok? can they do this or how do I get it off my credit

Asked on 9/04/12, 3:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The debt was probably a joint and several liability. You cannot get your name removed. You signed the contract, right? You do not get it off of your credit. The judge's order does not affect the rights of your creditors, it only effects the rights between you and your ex.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/12, 8:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now