Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

The father of my child and myself have shared custody. For the last year he has only seen my daughter maybe 5 times. He took her overnight a year ago and he hasn't seen her since July 2012 and hasn't called or reached out to her since Christmas Eve. I am unable to speak with him. He never responds to my phone calls, texts or emails. He move almost a year ago and I no longer know where he lives. I would like to change my custody agreement but I do not know how or what I need? I also am moving out of state, which he was made aware of almost a year ago but I want to ensure I am legally covered.

Asked on 5/14/13, 3:14 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Just go. Cannot worry about it now.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 6:16 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If he is not participating in the child's life then you can relocate now. However you should also file a petition to relocate and a petition to modify the current order.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 3:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now