Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

my father recently bought a 2012 lincoln mkx. It ws tittled in my father's name or my name. my father passed away 1 week ago.How do I excute having the title put in my name. there is no lien. My father's girlfreid is not being very cooperative about surrendering it. She does not drive. My conceren if someone drives her somewhere in the vehicle, I could lose my house in a suit, I am the sole owner?

Asked on 3/28/13, 8:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Take the death certificate to the DMV and/or Tax collector's office in your area and they will transfer immediately. Then get a sheriff and go get the car.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 12:17 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Take the title and the death certificate to DMV. no need to do a probate. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 6:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now