Florida  |  Family Law

I am in florida and my daughers father and I have a partial visitation agreement and we are just waiting on a court date now. My daughter is 100% covered by Medicaid and he says he needs her social for HIS insurance and that the court is "making" him but her on his insurance and they will take away my Medicaid and MAKE me get a job. meanwhile we haven't been to court yet. (note that I have been struggling with looking for a job for awhile now and I also have a 7 year old with my current husband) Is this something that can happen? he is trying to find ways to get full custody.

Answered on: 7/08/13, 12:08 pm by Carolyn Jones

In terms of him covering your daughter the State always tries to find non government insurance for children. If he can cover her the state will make him.

Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones 3107 Spring Glen Road suite 203 Jacksonville, FL 32207

Answered on: 7/08/13, 12:23 pm by John Smitten

You are referring to child support enforcement. FL Dept of Revenue can enter order requiring a person to do a diligent job search plus provide insurance.

McGuire Law Offices 1173 NE Cleveland Street Clearwater, FL 33755