Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

I am in florida and my daughers father and I have a partial visitation agreement and we are just waiting on a court date now. My daughter is 100% covered by Medicaid and he says he needs her social for HIS insurance and that the court is "making" him but her on his insurance and they will take away my Medicaid and MAKE me get a job. meanwhile we haven't been to court yet. (note that I have been struggling with looking for a job for awhile now and I also have a 7 year old with my current husband) Is this something that can happen? he is trying to find ways to get full custody.

Asked on 7/08/13, 12:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Carolyn Jones Law Office of Carolyn R. Jones
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In terms of him covering your daughter the State always tries to find non government insurance for children. If he can cover her the state will make him.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 12:08 pm
John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You are referring to child support enforcement. FL Dept of Revenue can enter order requiring a person to do a diligent job search plus provide insurance.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 12:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now