Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Becoming a foster parent

A friend of the family had his son taken away last night by DCF. I spoke with the social worker this morning to try and get custody. I know my home study would pass and I am financially stable. I was wondering if I will fail the background check. I got in trouble as a juvenille for domestic battery (against my sister) and burglery. I know it sounds really bad but I did turn around and graduated college. Worked in the same company for the last 5 years. I am married and own my home. The last charge I had was 8 years ago. Do you think this will make it impossible for me to get custody?

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

Re: Becoming a foster parent

Your criminal background won't help your case, but it probably won't bar you from obtaining shelter or custody of the child if DCF otherwise agrees.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida