Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My friends child has been placed in protective custody by the Florida Department of Children and Families. She would like my wife and I to adopt the baby boy. What is the best and fastest way to gain guardianship and then complete the adoption?

Asked on 10/23/13, 6:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You have to contact the state attorney on the case to see if the child can be placed with you. They have to do a home study etc., also your friend has to me the motion you have no legal standing to do anything.

Read more
10/24/13, 2:21 am
Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Check with DCF in your county. Some DCF offices defer to the States Attorney and the Dependency Judge but other DCF offices will get involved.

Read more
10/24/13, 5:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now