Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/09/13, 6:56 pm

I have full legal custody of my son. I have battled the natural mother time and time again and won every time due to the fact she is unfit. She hasn't paid child support as ordered not has she attempted to see him. He recently lost his battle with cancer. My family and I decided to have him cremated and notified her. She went to the funeral home and threatened to file legal actions if she didn't receive half of his remains. My family and I don't want to split his ashes. What legal rights does she have? What are we required to take? We aren't married. Never were.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search