Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/28/13, 5:52 pm

Ill give u the back story first my husband and I have takin his two children full time for about 7 months now he is still on child support even though the childrens mother has seen them twice and have only gotten them once for a weekend we've tried contacting child support to get him off with no help from them . So I have two questions How can we prove we have had them for that amount of time and how can we claim them for taxes since the mother has stated she doesnt care if weve had them shes claiming them . With little to no money since child support Iis being takin out his check my income is the only substantial income so we cant afford a laywer ?? HELP ...

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/29/13, 3:15 pm by John Smitten

You have to file a petition with the court to modify the order.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

McGuire Law Offices 1173 NE Cleveland Street Clearwater, FL 33755

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search