Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Hey, my name is Julia I am going through a child custody case with my child father he decided to file a petetion saying that the child should stay with him during the day time so he won't have to pay child support. Once he filed I responded and he didnt like my answers and that I wasn;t going to take him off of child support he went and obtained a lawyer, he hasn't given me any support and he hasn't seen the child since dec 09. Now he wants to amend his petition and get full custody and child support from me. Is he allowed to amend when he was the petioner in the 1st place?

Asked on 9/08/10, 1:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No - since you have answered he can not amend the petition without court approval. I suggest you get an attorney - when children are involved it is not a good idea to try to go pro se.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/10, 2:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now