Florida  |  Family Law

If my husband is addicted to drugs, and I have moved out of the home, how much access to the children do I have to allow him to have? I am not seeking divorce. He will not seek treatment for drug abuse as long as he sees the children regularly. He says he has rights to see them as much as he wants and that he will pursue those rights if need be. I want to know what are my rights? My children need to see their father. All visits are supervised and in public area areas, but this whole "tough love" thing doesn't work so well if he gets to spend as much time as he wants with them whenever he wants because "it's his right"

Answered on: 9/29/13, 2:55 pm by Robert McCall

You need to speak with attorney in your area ASAP. Some judges will hold your attempt at protecting the girls at the expense of the Father time, without a court order, against you. You lose your time and maybe custody.

Law Office of Robert McCall 1515 Elizabeth Street, Suite H Melbourne, FL 32901

Answered on: 9/29/13, 3:06 pm by John Smitten

If he is a drug addict then he should see the children under supervised conditions,

McGuire Law Offices 1173 NE Cleveland Street Clearwater, FL 33755